Welcome to the admission system of the Graduate Programs in Information Studies (GPIS), Chulalongkorn University. This system only supports the application for general admissions in the first semester, academic year 2020.
If you would like to return to your pending application, click here .
To begin a new application, please READ the following instructions carefully before completing the application.
Please prepare the following documents, preferably in PDF format (except a passport photo), prior to proceeding to the application form.
For all applicants (both M.A. and Ph.D.):
- A recent passport photo
- A copy of degree certificates (For an applicant who is currently studying, a formal letter from the institution confirming an expected date of completion is required.)
- A copy of academic transcripts (in English)
- A copy of valid identification card (Thai applicants)/passport (foreign applicants)
- A curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendations from faculty members and/or employers (The referees must send the recommendation letters via email directly to .)
- A statement of purpose (800-1,000 words)
- A copy of result of English proficiency tests taken within two years
For Ph.D. program applicants:
- A research proposal (3,000 – 5,000 words) including the title of the research project, the background of the study indicating the importance of the study, critical analysis of current literature, and a sketch plan of data collection and analysis.
Any falsification of application information or fraud documents will be proceed to legal action and permanent termination of student status, if the applicant is already admitted. All copies must be certified and signed by the applicant. Original or printed copies may be requested after an applicant is accepted to the program.
An application fee (THB1,000 for all applicant) is required to complete the application process. There are two payment options:
- credit card
The credit card payment is included in the application form. You will be directed to the credit card payment form after submitting your application. Please be sure to prepare a valid credit card prior to proceeding to the application. There is a processing fee (THB30) for credit card payment. Please print or save the bank’s payment confirmation page which is REQUIRED to verify your payment subsequently.
- bank transfer
Please complete the transfer process prior to proceeding the application. All transfer fees must be covered by the applicant. You must submit a copy of payment slip as a required document in the application.
- Account name: Faculty of Arts Chulalongkorn University
- Account no.: 152-4-218367
- Bangkok Bank
- Branch: Siam Square
- SWIFT CODE: BKKBTHBK
- Address: 394 Rama I Pathumwan Bangkok 10330
- Deadline for submission of application:
May 10, 2020May 31, 2020
- Deadline of all required and additional documents:
May 11, 2020May 31, 2020
- Notification of eligible candidate for interview:
May 14, 2020June 1, 2020
- Interview period:
May 18-22, 2020June 2-3, 2020
- Notification of accepted students eligible to study:
May 27, 2020June 8, 2020
To begin your application, please register here.
If you have already registered, you may continue to the application form.