Department of Library Science at Chulalongkorn University is pleased to welcome Dr.Thippaya Chintakovid as a new faculty member beginning April 2019.
Dr.Thippaya received a Ph.D. in Information Science & Technology from College of Information Science & Technology, Drexel University, USA, M.S. (Telecommunication Systems) from California State University, Hayward, USA and B.A. (International Relations), first-class honor from Chulalongkorn University.
Dr.Thippaya is interested in conducting research in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), and User Experience Design (UXD). She has extensive teaching and research experience in human-computer interaction area. She has also supervised a number of doctoral dissertations and master theses including,
- Measuring and Selecting an Effective User Experience Pattern for Commercial Web Applications (International Program)
- Effects of Different Personal Document Management Strategies on Group Document Management
- Influence of Age Group Differences on Usability of Culturally Accommodated Websites (International Program)
- Using Activity-Oriented Design Method (AODM) To Understand Working Practices Involving Two Communication Technologies: A Case Study of Land Record Sector in Bhutan (International Program)
- Design Guidelines for Instruction Media Creation System for Middle-Aged Teachers
- Design Guidelines for Creating Content on Social Network Sites for Elderly Users
Apart from teaching and research, she invests her time and energy to create a group or a community of Thai academics, researchers, students, and professionals who are interested in HCI research. She has involved in chartering Bangkok ACM SIGCHI Chapter which is chartered and supported by Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group in Computer-Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI). Her dream is Thailand being a host of international conference named CHI which is a premier and internationally renowned conference in the field of HCI.