1. Graduate Programs in Thai Studies
Additionally, the Center offers special programs customized to match specific interests and time frames of those who visit Thailand for a brief period of time or are unable to enroll in the regular programs. Apart from the instructions, the Thai Studies Center is active in research as evident in a list of publications of the Center. Talks, meetings and seminars are arranged to provide a platform for the upcoming scholars and an in depth and up-to-date knowledge on Thai society.
Students can join the programs in either the 1st or 2nd semester of every year. An application form can be obtained from the Thai Studies Center, Faculty of Arts, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand or contact Thaistudies_chula@hotmail.com
The deadline for applications is around the end of June for the 1st semester and around the end of October for the 2nd semester. The deadline is subject to change by the calendar academic year of Chulalongkorn University.
Please visit Graduate School for more information about date and time for admission.
- Foreign Student: 123,700 baht/semester
- Thai Student: 60,500 baht/semester
- Foreign Student: 162,700 baht/semester
- Thai Student: 99,500 baht/semester
2. Graduate Programs in Information Studies (GPIS)
- Nature of information;
- Storage, retrieval, processing, analysis, and dissemination of information;
- Human behavioural approaches to the analysis and application of information;
- Access to information; and
- Information system design and management
Information studies and research will enable students to creatively and appropriately manage data, information, and information systems which will ultimately lead to finding optimum solutions and policy making in the abovementioned areas. Students can choose among the following three areas of concentration:
- Archives and Digital Humanities:
- Organization Management, Policies, and Ethics
- Human Interactions with Information System
Both MA and PhD programs are normally accept applications every semester. The admissions for the first semester entry normally begin around January-February. For the second semester entry, the admissions normally begin around September-October. The coursework for the first semester usually starts in August, while the second semester begins in January.
Visit the GPIS Admissions application page to apply and check the admission schedule for the upcoming entry.
The estimated tuition fee per semester for academic year 2020 is THB 82,500 for Thai students and THB 128,700 for foreign students. These estimates do not include books and supplies, accommodation, health insurance, immigration process, and other personal expenses.
To promote international scholarship, the Faculty of Arts will provide a scholarship up to 50,560 baht for all international graduate students for three years.