Chulalongkorn University Announcement on Measures on Screening and Monitoring for COVID-19
With reference to Chulalongkorn University’s announcement on protective measures against the spread of COVID-19 virus issued on February 19, 2020, the University deems it appropriate to implement measures in screening and monitoring for infection of COVID-19 as follows:
- All students or staff members who have traveled to or transited in countries or administrative areas at risk of COVID-19 infection and arrived back in Thailand within February 20, 2020 to April 19, 2020 are obligated to go for screening and monitoring for infection within 3 days from the date of their return to Thailand.
- The said student or staff members are obliged to register for that service via the QR code in the attachment of this announcement before their departure and upon their arrival in Thailand they are obligated to receive screening and monitoring for COVID-19 at the Chulalongkorn Health Center on the date, time and at the place specified.
- Students or staff members may opt to receive screening and monitoring for COVID-19 virus at other medical facilities. In such cases they must submit the medical certificate from that medical facility to the Chulalongkorn Health Center so as to undergo another screening and monitoring process for COVID-19 for additional confirmation. In such cases they shall register via the QR code in the attachment of this announcement as soon as possible.
- The said student or staff members are obligated to refrain from attending class or going for work until they have undergone screening and monitoring for COVID-19 in accordance with this announcement.
- Upon having received screening or monitoring for COVID-19 in accordance with this announcement the said student or staff member shall immediately notify and submit the medical certificate to the section head or the supervising vice president for consideration.
- Upon receiving notification of screening or monitoring for COVID-19, the section head or the supervising vice president shall consider the case in accordance with the opinion determined by the physician issuing the medical certificate whether or not the said student or staff member should refrain from attending class or be absent from work. In the case where it is deemed that approval or permission be given for such student or staff member to refrain from attending class or be absent from work until the person has fully recovered or within 14 days from the date of their return to Thailand.
- Such refrain from class attendance or work in accordance with numbers 4 and 6 of this announcement shall not be considered as absence from class or work and not counted as leave days.
Announced on 21 February 2020
Prof. Dr. Bandhit Eua-arporn
1. Registration for receiving of screening and monitoring at the Chulalongkorn Health Center (in accordance with number 2 of this announcement)
2. Registration for receiving screening confirmation of screening results from other medical facilities (in accordance with number 3 of this announcement)